Tuesday 20 November 2012

First Attempt

In February 2011, I decided to try my hand at patchwork.

I had a new nephew on the way and he was due in May/June so I thought I could whip up a cot quilt / wall hanging for the new baby.
I chose a Noah's ark centre panel from the Kookaburra Cottage collection from work.


I chose to use the centre panel and add simple square piecing to the edge to make a cot quilt size.  I also wanted to do traditional colours for the quilt to grow with my nephew.  Instead of remaining childish in brights.

With only a basic machine, I hand to hand blanket stitched around all of the applique piecing.



Using the pattern I chose traditional colours which would come together and work in harmony.





I took coordinating fabric and colours to add square piecing around the edge after I had blanket stitched the centre panel.

Finished the centre panel by embroidering eyes and Noah's name on a flag on the pole.

My colleague at the store kindly quilted the finished top for me and here was the finished project.

My first attempt....





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Bec! Your nephew will treasure it! I love patchwork too, it is a big job, but so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete